Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Cindy!!!

She that amazing lady in the center of my kids? Her name is Cindy and she is what I call a TRUE BLUE FRIEND. We've known each other since freshman year in high school, and she has been a part of my life, my entire families life with her whole heart. Cindy would pick me up for school in her mustang ( I didn't get my first car until I was 18), we were in gymnastics together (you can stop giggling now!) and have many fond memories together. We spent the night at each other's homes, told each other our secrets, & shared our dreams. We've been on camping trips, shopping sprees, and have celebrated many important events...weddings, babies, baptisms, birthdays...the list goes on and on. Even though I was a rebel and moved to Kansas from California, when we talk, it's like no time has past. She is the godmother to my children and has a heart of gold. She has been there for me through all the ups and downs. She is an amazing cook, contractor, water skier, snorkeler. She is beauty and grace, loves unconditionally, & thoughtful beyond belief.

Right now she is up in Washington at her second home hopefully celebrating a magical, wonderful birthday.

If you are reading this Cindy, I just want you to know how much I love you and miss you...I hope this birthday year ahead brings you all the happiness you deserve in your life and that all your wishes come true!

XOXOXOX Nancy

8 comments:

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Those kind of friends are true "gems"!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Cindy! For sure everyone deserves a "Cindy" in their life.
Have a wonderful day.
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Melinda said...

Friends do make the world go around.
Happy Birthday to Cindy!
True friends are the best.

Melinda

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday Cindy
hope it was a great one!

BECKY said...

How blessed you are Nanc!! I agree that everyone should have a Cindy...I do...and it's my sis Cindy!! She is pure gold to me!!

Wishing Cindy all the best! I think she has a pretty great BFF, too! ;o)

Love and hugs,
Becky

chasity said...

friends like this are such a rare and wonderful blessing....
my best friend and i met in the 7th grade and she used to pick me up in her mustang
{{it was a piece of junk...but it sure beat the bus!!}}

have a wonderful day~
chasity

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I have a friend like that. Those that do are very lucky. We have been friends for 56 years now. I also met my friend in highschool, freshman year. :) Life would not be the same without her.

Bettie from Southern Thresholds said...

Hello - Love your blog name. I love anything with acorns on it also. My door knocker is a good sized bronze acorn I purchased years ago. My yellow lab's name is Higgins. Enjoyed reading your blog and will check it daily.

Springtime!

Spring has sprung and I am enjoying every little blossom and bird that comes my way! Have a beautiful day my friends!