Monday, September 22, 2014

Country Drive

Nothing is better to me than discovering a new country road to meander down, loads of fresh air with the windows down, and Blake Shelton singing.

 
Came across this little treasure the other day and saw a beautiful wedding being set up in this lovely setting.
Further down the road we chanced upon Aldredge Orchard. 10 years living in Kansas and never knew about them.  We were greeted by geese and chickens and could see the apple trees that were just loaded, ready for pickin'.


Dan-the-Man asked how this pumpkin would work for me, knowing what a fall fanatic I am :) Any place that has twinkle lights is a.o.k. in my book.  They sale fresh pumpkin butter, peach butter, apple butter, apples, cider and a few other treasures in this barn.
 
Rustic cute with a capital "C".
 They had a bakery too...oh my. Couldn't decided between apple pie ala mode, pumpkin cookies, peanut butter cookies, pumpkin pie, apple fritters, pumpkin squares with thick cream cheese frosting or a caramel apple!
Cute little custom bird feeder out in front of the bakery.


Drove home on a rural route and discovered this gem of a house that was so unbelievably amazing.  Trim work that just isn't made anymore these days. Straight out of Victoria magazine...had me day dreaming all the way home!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

What gorgeous sights to be seen on that coutry road! : ) How many pies did you leave with..lol

Melinda said...

Looks like you hit upon some fun places!
That pumpkin would look great in your front yard.

Glad to see your post.

M :)

Anonymous said...

I like"Country Drives" a lot !
I want to go to that bakery more than
you'll ever know !
Sister J

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Great post! Makes me want to click my heels and come home to Kansas!!

Nancy Yoakum said...

Thank you for stopping by and reading my post!

Leslie I didn't leave with any pies, because I make a pretty mean apple crumb pie that my family loves! Super easy and always gobbled up!

Melinda we are going to take a field trip out there and you can check them out for yourself...HUGE! I still don't have pumpkins on my porch. SHEESH!

Janet if you came out for another visit this fall we can go there and to some other neighboring places nearby. It's not too far from Weston!

Teri I am going to have to make another field trip and check out YODER, I love Amish communities, and the people and produce/baked goods are always great!

AnnMarie, you come on over any time you like! It's a great state with lots of beautiful country drives to be had!

Springtime!

Spring has sprung and I am enjoying every little blossom and bird that comes my way! Have a beautiful day my friends!