Sunday, June 28, 2009

U Pick'em Farm

With the anticipation eqivilant of a little kid being told they were going to Disneyland, my eyes read the e.mail notification 80mph from Fieldstone Orchards that the blackberries were ripe and ready for picking. I forwarded the e.mail to Dan-the-Man and begged him that we could forego all plans and be on the road at the crack of dawn to be at the gates of berry farm.
Just look at the size of these beauties! Have you ever seen anything so gianormous in all your life? Hate to tell you all this, but they even taste better than you can imagine...pure sweet heaven bursting in your mouth with each bite.
One for the bucket, two for me, two for the bucket, three for me.....

We ended up picking a total of 18 pounds of blackberries. Let me tell you, my food saver machine and I were tight in the kitchen for the rest of the night. We have enough berries to last for many, many cobblers.

10 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Gal!! Looks like so much fun!! I just love fresh blackberries!! I have never had a blackberry cobbler, but know I'd love it!!

Sounds like you are set for awhile!! Please let us see and drool over your delectable cobbler creations, OK??? Come on, BFF, gotta share!! ;o)

Hope your week is full of fantabulous moments!!
HUGS,
Becky

Carol J. said...

Such beautiful photos, Nancy! Are you going to be making jam??

Jules said...

Looks like fun! Is Aunt Fanes blackberry cobbler in the making? Uncle Dan is a trooper!

Martha said...

Love blackberries. We have a teen friend who brings us buckets of blackberries every year -- at a really reasonable charge!

Elizabeth said...

Those are some fat beauties! I went to college on the north coast of California where the blackberries are wild everywhere! We had huge bushes of them just right outside of my apartment. I make many black berry pies every summer!!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

My gosh...I could just taste those! They are beautiful specimans of blackberries! yum!
~smiles~
Mona

Anonymous said...

Hi Nofingfane ! This is your sister Janet in California and I want to know "where's my blackberry cobbler "?

Cathy said...

Gorgeous berries and those cobblers are so good during the winter. It is so satisfying to have a well stocked freezer at the end of summer.

Jen from Windy Ridge said...

Oh drool! The berries at Windy Ridge are monster this year too! I have never seen anything like it!

meg said...

Oh my gosh - those blackberries are GORGEOUS!!!!!!! How fun!

Meg :)

Springtime!

Spring has sprung and I am enjoying every little blossom and bird that comes my way! Have a beautiful day my friends!