Sunday, June 21, 2009

Garden Tour Part I

I received an invitation from my blog friend Martha to come down for a spell as her town was hosting a Garden Tour. Martha and I have been blog friends, and have enjoyed e.mailing with each other for some time now, so I couldn't turn down an opportunity to finally meet her and her kind husband. I arrived to Linderhof and the first female I saw asked "Are you Martha?" and was told Martha was inside. We went around back where we met her kind husband Jim who had settled in for a much deserved rest in a patio chair and was delighted to be greeting all the folks who were on the garden tour. He told me Martha would be out in a moment. I enjoyed visiting with him, as he had a very easy going nature. It was surreal to be in their garden and see their home after many visits to Martha's blog. When Martha came out we immediately gave each other a hug, and I was so happy to get to meet her in person. She invited us to get a glass of herbal iced tea, and had made delicious homemade shortbread cookies that had lavender in them. She said after we had a chance to look around, she would take me on a tour inside her home. A beautiful angel in the garden with bird seed to treat all the feathered friends that come over.
Hand painted Italian wallpaper....simple amazing! I've never seen anything so beautiful!

Martha and her hubby have a incredible collection of lovely antiques that they have collected from all over the world!


A favorite in her garden...a English Cottage special made for the fairies that come and visit!



The warm welcoming sign on the front entry. So many unique things at every corner of their incredible home. If you haven't been over to see Martha's blog you are in for a treat. She is an incredible cook, master gardener, book-aholic, and lives a very full life in her community. I encourage you my fellow bloggers that if you have chance to meet someone who you have befriended through blogging, you should take every advantage of meeting them in person. They are some of the nicest people I have come to know! Thank you Martha and Jim for opening up your home. Look forward to seeing you both again soon!




3 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Nanc!! Wow!! I can see why you would want to hang out at Martha's!! So very pretty!! Love that fountain, too, and all of the lovely flowers!! Thanks for bringing us along!!
I'm off to visit her blog!

Have a joy-filled week, my friend!!
Blessings,
Becky

Martha said...

Nancy -- your pictures are great and certainly enhance Linderhof. It was so good to finally meet you. Our door is always open to you and Dan. I also feel humbled by your kind comments.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Hi Nancy,
I visit Martha's blog frequently, I love her home and garden too. If I am ever out your way I am going to call on you and Martha for a real visit.I have come to look forward to all posts, you are such a sweetie.
Take care and enjoy your day,
Elizabeth

Springtime!

Spring has sprung and I am enjoying every little blossom and bird that comes my way! Have a beautiful day my friends!