Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Anxious for Spring

We are being teased here in the Midwest with days that feel like springtime. One of the best surprises of all when we moved into our home was when walking around our garden, I discovered Lily of the Valley in bloom. So delicate, I'm sure it's a favorite of the woodland fairies to rest beneath. When I was about 6 years old, I used to make special houses for the fairies. I would gather up pine needles, sticks, specially picked leaves, and sweep on spot clear on the dirt and construct what I thought was a masterpiece for them to live in. I knew they were too shy to come out for me to see them, but was sure they enjoyed their newly built home when I went to bed at night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful blog! So nice to meet you! Thank you for stopping in to say hello over at my blog today. I love your photos!! Have a great night, xoxo Sher

Springtime!

Spring has sprung and I am enjoying every little blossom and bird that comes my way! Have a beautiful day my friends!