Sunday, February 1, 2009

Recipe Book




A couple of years ago, I came up with an idea to make recipe books for family and friends for Christmas presents. I bought 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 "Half Pint" binders by We R Memory Keepers at http://www.wereonthenet.com and page protector sheets (for when that brownie batter is flying in the air). I pre-cut background paper to fit inside, and then cut card stock style smaller in size to print the recipes on. I hand lettered the titles on each page and used embellishments that complemented each recipe or coordinated with the background paper. I must say I think from the compliments I received, it was one of the nicest homemade gifts that really touched everyone.

The first books I made all had a European theme. The ones I have made more recently have been customized for each person, which can get you into all sorts of mischief while shopping.

Even my punk rock loving, tattooed sleeve, mechanic of a son has requested one (but he'll never own up to that in public).

No comments:

Springtime!

Spring has sprung and I am enjoying every little blossom and bird that comes my way! Have a beautiful day my friends!