Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Art Room

This is the room where all my creative projects take place. Like most creative people there are always several projects going on at once. There are so many things I want to do, it's difficult to get anything done. I may be out to get supplies for one project, and while shopping see something else that peaks my interest.
I've become fond of birds and love my little collection. The top picture I bought at a crafts fair, the middle picture is actually a card my sister sent me, that I cut out and made a little collage, adding buttons, background paper and painted and distressing the frame. The bottom picture is needlepoint that I got a an antique booth at another fair.

Believe it or not, this used to be a 1960's black vinyl office chair. I bought an upholstery stapler and went to town. I made a slip cover for the top portion of the chair. I took the arms off, sanded, & painted them.


This picture was a cottage must have. I bought it from Victorian Trading Co. which is trouble with a capital "T" for me! I love all things English so it was a perfect fit.



These are the curtains I made. I saw the idea if mixing patterns at a store and loved it! The mixture of the toile and gingham with trim makes for a cozy inviting look.










No comments:

Springtime!

Spring has sprung and I am enjoying every little blossom and bird that comes my way! Have a beautiful day my friends!