Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hummingbird

This has to be, and will probably forever be, the most unique photograph I will ever take in my lifetime. Such a very rare, precious picture on a Hummingbird sitting on her nest. The nest was a delicate weave of the finest angel hair found for her nest. I don't know about you, but I've rarely seen a Hummingbird sitting still, and to see her on her nest, left me speechless. This picture was taken at the Omaha Zoo, and she lives in the desert dome, but don't walk too fat, or you'll miss her...now there with her grown baby!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how beautiful!! I think Hummingbirds are my favorite because they are just so delicate, and so tiny. They are so fast!! We have a few that come into my backyard for the summer, and they flit around like lightning. Love the photo, I agree, it is a gorgeous shot!! Hope you have a good day sweets! xoxo

Springtime!

Spring has sprung and I am enjoying every little blossom and bird that comes my way! Have a beautiful day my friends!