Friday, February 27, 2009

Chocolate Cake


This is my Mom's recipe that has been made countless times over the years and is a staple anytime there have been chocolate cravings. Be sure you have iced cold milk near by!
Chocolate Snacking Cake
1 1/2 c. flour
1c. sugar
3 Tbs. cocoa (I use dark cocoa)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbs. vinegar
1 c. cold water
Sift all dry ingredients, making three holes. Pour oil in one, vinegar in another, and vanilla in the last one. Pout water over all and mix. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Check to make sure no gooey spot in center...may need an additional 5 minutes.
Frosting
1 c. sugar
1/4c. cocoa
1/4c. butter
1/4c. milk
Stir while boiling one minute. Cool to touch. Beat until thick and spread.
ORRRRRRR........option number two (my preference). Stir until boiling one minute, let cool for 2 seconds, pour immediately over cake so it absorbs frosting and eat immediately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy, I plan to try this cake. I am alergic to egg whites, of all things and most cakes are something I cannot have. I am excited to try this recipe. I'll let you know how much fun I had eating it!

Alex Cooks said...

Hi nice reading your bllog

Springtime!

Spring has sprung and I am enjoying every little blossom and bird that comes my way! Have a beautiful day my friends!