Sunday, April 14, 2013

Home Improvement #39


Yes....I realize it's April and you are looking at a Christmas picture...BUT I have to dig in to the achieves to show my before and after pictures!!!!  While working on restaining ans refinishing our floors, we decided we might as well go ahead and give our fireplace some TLC.
Our little Acorn Cottage was built in 1942, so it's always kind of an adventure taking things apart and seeing how things were built back in the day.
This is what our living room looked naked with one color of stain on the floors.
This is the floors with the second coat of stain and 3 coats of varnish!
We decided the color "Clam Chowder" lloked like pastel yellow on our walls, and opted for Eddie bauer "Pecan".
Here is the finished product!  We selected Travertine stone and are VERY HAPPY with the results.  I think Dan-the-Man has a massage coming to him after all his hard work.

5 comments:

Melinda said...

You probably better make that
appointment soon.
Your living room looks great!

M:)

Anonymous said...

It all looks very, very nice ....
Love, California Sister

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Haven't been here in a while, but so glad I stopped in today. Your floors and fireplace hearth look fantastic. I love shiny wood floors. You were very lucky to have all that wood already there. It looks like a lot of work to redo, but well worth it. Give that man a massage. I like the paint color too.

Leslie said...

Wow Nancy... the room and fireplace turned out amazing!!!!!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Perfect! Love the transformation...

Springtime!

Spring has sprung and I am enjoying every little blossom and bird that comes my way! Have a beautiful day my friends!