Tuesday, May 26, 2009

R & R

Hope everyone had a nice relaxing Memorial Day Weekend! We had a BBQ and invited some family and friends over. I have failed you all by taking no pictures. This weekend just seemed to fly by, but many things were accomplished, which is good...right? I was on mission organization, and made a small dent into orderliness around Acorn Cottage. I wish it was a weekend spent being artsy craftzy....who knows maybe this upcoming weekend!

We bought a new crisp American Flag to hang out front, and I noticed many homes in our neighborhood acknowledging Memorial Day. It always makes me very sentimental and tear up thinking about the sacrifices many, many families have made and what they have been through. I'm so very proud to be an American and the fact the Dan-the-Man is a retired Army Captain has made me even more aware of how much the men and women of our country do to keep us safe and out of harms way. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!

5 comments:

BECKY said...

Hey Nanc!! We can't get pics all the time, huh? We relaxed, and now it's back to reality!!

Hope you week is glorious!! It's great that you got some organizing done! I did some myself, and it is so gratifying!!

Hugs sweetie!!
Becky

Domestic Designer said...

Glad you had a great weekend! I am impressed that you did organizing in addition to R&R. Have a good week!

Martha said...

Love your pic, actually. And it is so nice to see the American flag flying isn't it! We had a great patriotic weekend --

Martha

Painter's Place said...

We definitely could have stayed longer in Washington. A weekend is not enough time to see everything. Don't you just love to see flags flying at the houses in the neighborhood?

It' an Evolution said...

We did have a nice weekend...and I too am so thankful for all of those that put country first!
Just wanted to let you know I left an award for you on my blog...
Enjoy
Janet

Springtime!

Spring has sprung and I am enjoying every little blossom and bird that comes my way! Have a beautiful day my friends!