Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Woodland Creatures

I love all things woodland creatures. My sister was in a Trader Joe's restroom and found this adorable hand painted mural. Miraculously she had her camera in her purse and sent this photo to me. I wish I could see the signature to give the artist their due respect. I try to carry mine with me most all the time because you never know what you might come across. Of course this doesn't pertain to me living in Kansas for 4 1/2 years and NEVER getting a picture of the wild turkeys I spot. Usually when we are taking a country drive, camera in lap, ready for action I spot nothing. On the days when I don't have my camera, we spot turkeys. Driving out to an orchard to pick apples in the fall (with the camera in the lap, ready for action) we spotted some turkeys. Of course the normal speed during one of these occasions is 50MPH. I shout to my husband "TURKEYS!!!!!!" and he knows the drill, slows down the car, makes a u-turn and we slowly approaching the area. But are the turkeys there? The only turkey I see is the person in the passenger seat, camera in lap, ready for action. Oh there are many, many more turkey stories....too many to recount. One day I will have my glory, Oh yes, I will.

No comments:

Springtime!

Spring has sprung and I am enjoying every little blossom and bird that comes my way! Have a beautiful day my friends!